This October, I’ll be joining Finnish librarians, courtesy of the Finnish National Library Association and the city of Helsinki, for a one-day workshop on strategy, imagination, and resilience.
The participatory session will bring together library workers from across Finland to develop our capacity for strategic foresight and decision making.
- What factors do we have to take into account when planning for our service and our community?
- How do we anticipate trends and prepare for disruptions?
- What can we do to challenge our assumptions, think differently, and act with confidence in an uncertain world?
- What’s the best way to understand and articulate the value that Finnish libraries bring to our society?
- How will our decisions shape the future of Finland’s libraries?