Well, that’s it for the current stint in Australia. We’ve achieved so much at the State Library of Queensland (SLQ) and University of Southern Queensland (USQ) since I came over for the initial 12-month residency in January 2016.
I’ve a few more gigs in London before Christmas, and then some exciting announcements to make going into 2018. Watch this space.
Hard to pick out highlights from the past two years, but among them I’d say:
- creating Library Island and using it with libraries, universities, and healthcare providers,
- arranging Doctor Who interviews with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation and saving the final recordings of an Aussie gay icon for posterity,
- working with the memory & conservation team at State Library,
- creating podcasts on Marvel’s Doctor Strange and the Queensland way of death, and a keynote delivered with my mouth taped shut,
- teaming up with USQ’s Digital Life Lab,
- writing about Star Trek, Glenn Gould, and the future of cities,
- plus guesting on the first Turbitt and Duck podcast and meeting the team behind Australia’s greatest-ever television show, Danger 5.
But really there’s been too much to mention. (Like the roadtrip. The roadtrip!).
You can see some highlights here:
Thanks to everyone who made these projects possible and worked hard to let our teams explore all things wondrous and strange.